Sunday, May 16, 2021

My Favorite Things - May Card Kit - Floral Focus - Countdown Day 2

Welcome to my blog and Countdown Day 2 the first day of the countdown to the MFT Stamps May 18th 'Floral Focus' card kit release ..... and she's a beauty!!!!!!






To create my card I first die-cut the 3 stems included in the 'In-Focus Florals' Die-namics from the kit.   I ink blended them using Poppin' Pink, Prickly Pear and Jalapeño Popper Premium Dye Inks.    I arranged them in a little gathered bunch and used just a little glue towards the centre to adhere them together but I left most of it unglued since I wanted to be able to tease some dimension into them once the card was completed.  I set this bunch aside.




I cut an A2 panel of Jalapeño Popper Prestige Cardstock and I adhered it to a white cardstock base.   I then die cut a white panel using the Blueprints 27 Die-namics - I backed this with a panel of white craft foam and applied it to the green panel.   I then used the A2 Stitched Rectangles  STAX to cut a smaller white panel.   I used just a little Poppin' Pink Ink to create a warm little focal point when blended abd then this panel was backed with foam tape, centred and adhered.




Now it was time to apply the gathered bunch of flowers and with just a touch more glue this was adhered. 

Included in the card kit is 'Itty Bitty Basics' the most perfect little sentiment stamp set (you can never have too many in my opinion) and so that you create beautiful sentiment strips there is also the perfectly scaled 'Itty Bitty Strips'.   I die cut a few strips from white cardstock and selected one for my chosen sentiment and I stamped this with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in a superfine Antique Gold embossing powder.

The strip was backed with dimensional foam tape so that it floats above the florals.

Card complete!   Please join me tomorrow for more inspiration from this elegant card kit.








3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. The colors and shading is wonderful and the layering of the entire card is beautiful..love the use of black and the scalloped stitched frame really heights the die. I love this modern floral die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ink blending on the In-focus Floral Die accents the flowers and leaves perfectly. The soft pink background blend adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, great colors. Thank you for sharing how you made this card.

    ReplyDelete