Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Birch Trees Background Stamp - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Today I'm sharing my final card for Hello Bluebird Stamps latest release and this one features the new Birch Trees background stamp.  I paired this background image with Frosty Mornings from Hello Bluebird, together with tree tops from Pond Builder and of course their Grassy Knoll die.


This background stamp has a lot of bold areas.  A Misti or other stamping platform is going to be a huge help to you.   To get a good impression I placed the stamp into my Misti and I attached the cardstock to the door of it (kind of the wrong way round, but it really helps).    The first inking was with Versamark Ink and subsequent inkings were with my coloured ink - the juicier the better, foam pad ink pads would be best.


I ink blended my Pond Builder tree-tops and my Grassy Knoll portion with two shades of Distress Oxide Inks and then I spattered on some texture using an old toothbrush and some watered down paint.  These green portions were backed with foam tape and applied.

The Frosty Mornings characters were stamped and Copic coloured, points were highlighted with a white gel pen and they were die cut and backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.


To finish up, I stamped the sentiment on black cardstock using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white, this was applied with foam tape and a few sparkling clear sequins completed the scene.

The decorative panel was applied to a sturdy cardstock base and the card was complete.

Happy crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment