Sunday, November 1, 2020

Holiday Office Party - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I'm back with a new card for the Hello Bluebird Stamps brand new release going live 7pm MST November 2nd.   This card uses 'Holiday Office Party' and obviously since they are critters, then the office is in the winter woods.   Read on for the how-to!


To create this card I first ink blended a slimline panel using Distress Oxide in Speckled Egg.  I then splattered  white acrylic paint into the background for snow.  After this was dried I adhered it to a white card base and then began to layer.  First of all I took the Winter Wood Overlay Die.  This is for A2 cards however I die cut it twice and trimmed it down and glued this to the blended background.


I then die cut a white slimline panel using the Ocean Waves Scene die (horizontal).   I kept just the frame and the two lowest 'wave's which for me is snowy ground.   I used a little residual Speckled Egg on my blending tool to edge those two snowy ground pieces and then I adhered the frame to the background and the other pieces within it.

On Copic friendly paper my images were stamped using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.   The cute critters (there are two others included in the set) were coloured with Copic markers, points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I fussy cut each image carefully.


I backed the images with foam tape and applied to the scene, their bright colours really popping against the cool background.

Finally I stamped my sentiments from the set using Cobalt coloured ink by The Stamp Market.  These strips were also applied with foam tape to keep up the dimensional look. Card complete!

Hope you're excited for this super gorgeous release.  Happy crafting!










5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I can't wait until it's released!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love your color combo! I know where I will be Monday at 7..Cant wait to get the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How brilliant you are using the Winter Woods overlay die twice for the background. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really adorable card! Thank you for sharing how you made it!

    ReplyDelete