Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Coffee Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi everyone, this is my final card for the Hello Bluebird Stamps early November release.  My card today combines the ever so lovely Coffee Friends stamp set with the Birch Trees Die and I've used the Ocean Waves Scene Die (horizontal) used in a very 'non-oceany' sort of way obviously!   Continue reading for all the how-to details.


My background ink blending was created using Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire and I used Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White paint and a stylus to add the dimensional snow.   I die cut the Ocean Waves Scene Die from white cardstock and discarded the upper cuts and just kept the frame and two lower layers that I interpreted as snow.  These were adhered to the background panel with glue.

The next step was to die cut white cardstock again using the Birch Trees die.  I snipped my die cuts to fit between the frame and the snow on the ground and adhered them into place.


On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  The sweet images were coloured with Copic markers and hand embellished with a white gel pen.  I die cut the images using the coordinating dies and moved them around and decided on an arrangement.  I wanted them in a fairly tight huddle for warmth and to create a focal point.  The tree stumps were tucked into the snow and the woodland animals backed with either a single or double layer of foam tape and applied for some nice dimension.


Just to quickly finish the card I applied Stickles glitter to points on the birch trees and I stamped the sentiment with a toning purply red ink and this sentiment strip was backed with foam tape and stuck down.  The whole decorative panel was adhered to a sturdy card base and with that the card was complete.

Happy crafting everyone!










No comments:

Post a Comment