Saturday, July 11, 2020

Summer Sweets - Sunny Studio Stamps

Hello!  I'm guest designing for Sunny Studios today with these cards made using Summer Sweets from the most recent release.



The card was created  by ink blending a panel of cardstock with Spun Sugar and Cracked Pistachio inks and then giving a simple faux stitched die cut edge and applying it to a card base.



The 'sweets' images were all stamped on Copic friendly cardstock and Copic coloured then die cut.  I then had a bit of fun adding frozen ice crystals with some Distress Glitter and used some chocolate colour Nuvo drops to make chocolate drizzle.  Once dry I chose an arrangement and then backed each image with a single or double layer of foam tape and applied them.



I added some dots with a gel pen to create a little interest around the focal point and also added some clear pink crystal embellishments.



Finally I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold to a a strip of cardstock and applied it with foam tape also.  With that the first card was complete.

For my second card I applied a pink panel of cardstock to a card base and set it to one side.  I created a slightly smaller panel from white cardstock.  I took the ice-cream cone image die from the set and die cut it 4 times from cardstock and applied them in lines to the white panel.


I stamped and heat embossed (in gold) the same image and die cut then coloured with Copic markers.  I added ice crystals again with the Distress Glitter and when dry they were backed with foam tape and applied layered over the middle row of white die cuts.


A strip of pink cardstock was stamped and heat embossed with the sentiment, backed with foam tape and applied.


Finally the white panel was backed with white craft foam and applied popped up on the pink background panel for a super dimensional congratulations card in the CAS style.

Thanks for stopping by to read today .... I'm off to raid the freezer - sudden urge for ice cream!

Nicky x








1 comment:

  1. I just love, love your post. Both of your cards are not only Pretty but so well designed! These days I’ve been doing more (card) blog hopping and moving outside of my card ‘rut’ . I found that I stayed in a smaller circle of designers in the past mainly because of the designs I gravitate to. A positive side to COVID is I’ve had more time to blog hop. Thank goodness for the positive things! I’ve seen your beautiful work so many times, I Finally left a comment! Thx for sharing! 😊

    ReplyDelete