Thursday, October 17, 2019

Frosty Littles - Hello Bluebird Stamps.

Feels so good to be back making Christmas cards again, it has to be my favourite card making 'season'.  Today, for Hello Bluebird Stamps I have a card using a favourite set from last year called Frosty Littles and the coordinating dies can be found here.  Since we just got a good cold front through my area thoughts turned to hot chocolate, pink peppermints and sparkle and this is what inspired my card.



To make this card I used the Buffalo Check background stamp.  I inked it up with Nuvo Hybrid Ink in Soft Suede and stamped it to a panel of white cardstock, repeating for a better stamped image.  I used 2 different sizes of some standard circular dies from my stash to die cut the three openings.  I did a little Distress Oxide ink blending with Spun Sugar where each opening would be on another panel of white cardstock.   I die cut 3 mini sections of 'snowy hills' using the Hill and Dale Die and edged each with some Stickles glitter in Crystal.



I backed the checked panel with foam tape and applied it to the ink blended panel and in turn this was applied to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base.

I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Simply White and dotted in some dimensional snowfall into each circular opening.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my Frosty Littles images and coloured them with Copic markers.  They were die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to create 3 little scenes in each opening.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.



The card was finished with layered snowflakes die cut using Frosty Flakes.  The larger flake was die cut with white sparkly paper and the smaller one layered on top from white lightweight cardstock.  These were glued together and to the card.

Finally the sentiment was stamped from Snow Play and I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Dark Walnut for a few chocolatey embellishments.

I'm so happy you navigated to my blog today to read about this card.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment