Monday, July 22, 2019

Happy Trails - Purple Onion Designs

I have a new card for Purple Onion Designs today using all Stacey Yacula illustrated stamps from the Happy Trails collection.  We're off to the beach!



This is one of my slimline cards with finished dimensions of 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.  Cards with these dimensions fit a standard Size 9 envelope.  I created a card base and set it to one side and then created a panel.  I masked off the edges of the panel and then ink blended using Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Fossilized Amber and Tea Die.  I put a piece of kitchen paper over the water portion and splattered up the sand using Tea Die with a drop of water.  I also splattered on a little white acrylic paint.   I took some of the same white acrylic paint and used my finger tip to dab it along the line where the water meets the sand to make a frothy edge.  This was set aside to dry.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped all the images I was using from Happy Trails using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.   I watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Cobalt Blue, Yellow, Carmine Red, Beige, Mid Gray, Light Pink, Warm Gray (2), Mid Brown and Light Green.



All images were fussy cut and backed with foam tape.   The background panel was now dry and I could carefully remove the masking tape from the edges.  I used a little Stickles glitter to make the frothy edge sparkle in the sun and I used a gold gel pen to dot in a little sparkle to the sand. 

I stamped the sentiment using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white and applied the panel to the card base.



I finished up by just highlighting a few points with a white gel pen and I felt no other embellishment was required since this one has plenty of sparkle when card is handled and moved.

Hope you're inspired - happy crafting!

Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment