Friday, July 19, 2019

Chloe & Toadstool - Purple Onion Designs

I have a new card for Purple Onion Designs today.  This is Chloe sitting under the Toadstool and she's thinking of you!  All stamps illustrated by Stacey Yacula.



This card started with a simple and super soft ink blended white panel.  I used Spun Sugar Distress Oxide for this.  I stamped the sentiment and then die cut a frame from Kraft cardstock.  I set all this to one side.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped all of my Stacey Yacula images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I have also used the Tree Line stamp for this card.   All images were watercolour painted using a Tombow 991 and Kuretake Zigs in Light Green, Carmine Red, Oatmeal, Mid Gray and Light Pink.



Using a firm rubber mat, I flipped my images over and with a blunt stylus I did small circular movements (avoiding the edges) until the image was nicely curved.  I then . backed all images with foam tape and applied them to the background panel.  The curved images look more 3D and hide the foam tape when viewed at an angle.

I applied more foam tape to the kraft frame and stuck that down.



Finishing touches were to use my white gel pen to highlight areas and dot in some daisies and I used 3 sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh as pretty accents.  The whole panel was attached to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base.

Happy crafting everybody and thank you for coming by to read about this project.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment