Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Unicorn Tales (Slimline Card) - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  The Hello Bluebird Stamp's April release went live yesterday evening, don't miss out!   Today I've got a second card for you featuring these darling Unicorns from Unicorn Tales.  (Scroll down if you missed my first one from a couple of days ago).



This is a slimline card with finished proportions of 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches for a size 9 envelope.  A panel was masked off on all edges using washi tape.  It was then stencil blended with the cloud design and Distress Ink in Broken China.  The mask was removed and the panel set to one side for later.



I used the new Make A Wish word die and die cut the words 3 times from 110lb white cardstock and then adhered each word to the next for a nice dimensional stack.  I determined the spot on the cloud panel and adhered it.  I then stamped the 'I Love You More Than Unicorns' sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in silver.  I repeated this stamping and embossing one more time for a nice dimensional feel.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock all images from Unicorn Tales were hand stamped with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Warm Gray (2), Pale Yellow, Green Shadow, Light Pink and Haze Blue.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and the images die cut. 



I also die cut the clouds from the new set Maverick.  I stuck the clouds down directly and all other elements were backed with dimensional foam tape and adhered.

The panel was stuck to the 110lb white cardstock base and the finishing touch was was the application of toning jewel embellishments by Pretty Pink Posh and with that the card was complete.

Many thanks for stopping by to read.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment