Sunday, April 14, 2019

Maverick & Sunshine Scene Die - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Super excited to be revealing this card for Hello Bluebird Stamps featuring the brand new 'Maverick'  stamp set combined with the new Sunshine Scene Die.  You can buy the new release May 16th at 7pm EST!


The Sunshine Scene Die is easily cut from a panel of A2 white cardstock.   When you do this, it'll die cut many pieces (not all used here) that come apart like a jigsaw puzzle for endless background scenes for your future project.  For my project I removed the sun portion and its rays.  I kept the useful frame and two of the cloud layers and I chose to keep them crisp white but they'd be lovely with ink blended edges.

A background panel was prepped by using a cloud stencil and Distress Oxide in Peacock Feathers.  The sentiments were stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil  to both the background panel and the cloud panel.


The Sunshine Scene Die was assembled with tape on the back.  The frame and lower cloud level were backed with a double layer of dimensional foam tape and applied to the cloud stencilled panel and the upper cloud level was adhered with just a single layer of foam tape.  The panel was then adhered to a 110lb weight white cardstock base, nice and sturdy for such a dimensional card.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my Maverick images again using the Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.    I watercolour painted the images using Kuretake Zigs in Deep Red, Dark Brown, Mid Gray, Light Pink, Cobalt Blue, Blue Gray, Light Gray, Olive Green and Shadow Mauve.   They were die cut and applied with various amounts of foam tape in order to equal the depths of the scene around them.


Finishing touches were the simple application of sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh in varying sizes.

Thanks for stopping by to read today.

Nicky x







1 comment:

  1. Yesterday our grandson was over (spring school break). He came up to our office/studio to see what I was up to and gave his opinion on the new release stamps sets. His favorite? Maverick! He really likes it and when I look at your card design I can understand why. Again, you have used your talent and skill with ink blending on those fabulous background clouds. And I love that you left the clouds from the Sunrise Scene die white. Your description of the die was perfect and I'm glad you left off the sun and rays so we could see the multiple ways this die can be used. The added value of this die (in my humble opinion) is the frame. I'll be using that many times over I'm sure! Super card, Nicky!

    ReplyDelete