Monday, April 22, 2019

Fairy Garden with Garden Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

So happy to be sharing my first card for the Hello Bluebird Stamps brand new release which you can buy May 16th.  For this project I have combined two stamp sets, Fairy Garden and Garden Friends which work beautifully together and separately of course.

 
A panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock was ink blended using Distress Inks in Crushed Olive, Squeezed Lemonade and Broken China.  Water splashes were added and blotted up and some of the Crushed Olive was squished onto my craft mat, loosened with a drop of water and then splattered to distress the background even further. The panel was then die cut with a wonky stitch die and set to one side for now.



On more Bristol Smooth cardstock the characters and elements from the two stamp sets that I was using were stamped with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  They were all watercolour painted using the following shades.  Kuretake Zigs in Vanilla, Blush, Light Pink, Beige, Haze Blue, Mid Green, Light Green, Light Violet and Cobalt Blue.  I also used a Tombow ABT in 991.



All elements were fussy cut (but coordinating dies will be available for purchase) and they were backed with a single or double layer of dimensional foam tape and adhered to the background panel.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.

All that was left were the finishing touches.  I stamped the sentiment in my Misti into the space I left available when deciding on the layout for my card and a couple of little musical notes float up above the bluebird as if he's talking to the seated fairy.  I grabbed some Stickles glitter in 'Crystal'.  Glitter makes everything better - am I right?   The glitter was applied to the fairy's wings and then dotted generously throughout the entire background because as we all know fairies spread fairy dust wherever they go!!!  3 different sized sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh were glued and the panel was adhered to the 110lb white cardstock base - nice and sturdy for such a dimensional card.



Here's a last look!  Thanks for coming by to read, I'll be back tomorrow with my second card for this beautiful new release.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment