Friday, March 29, 2019

Bursting With Pride (Bears With Flag) Purple Onion Designs

I'm back today with a new card for Purple Onion Designs featuring the incredibly sweet image of the Bears With Flag by Stacey Yacula Studio.



To start, I ink blended an A2 panel of cardstock with Distress Inks in Blueprint Sketch and Victorian Velvet.  I then squished a little of the blue ink onto my craft mat, added a drop of water to mix and then using a small paintbrush and a tapping motion, I splattered the image.  I set this aside to dry.  Meanwhile I die cut the white frame using a die from MFT Stamps.  I backed it with dimensional foam tape and attached it to the background panel.



I stamped a tuft of grass image 3 times to create a little ground and I also stamped the clouds which I then fussy cut and applied with double and single layers of foam tape to build depth.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the bear images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.   I also stamped the sentiment from Essential Thoughts, I fussy cut the images and then watercolour painted them using the following colours:-

Kuretake Zigs in Beige 072, Mid Grey 096, Light Pink 026 and Yellow 050.

The bears were applied on a double layer of foam tape.



The final touch was the application of 2 different sizes of sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue which dries clear and holds really well!

What's not to love about those sweet little bears and their sincere expressions?

See you next time!  Happy crafting!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment