Wednesday, March 27, 2019

100% ADORBS with Puddle Play - Hello Bluebird

My card today would be useful for a variety of occasions and uses the Hello Bluebird stamp set Puddle Play  together with the Charlie Alpha Die.



This card started with a panel of white cardstock that I ink blended using Distress Oxides in Peacock Feathers and then a little Chipped Sapphire to deepen the top part.  I then used the Drawn Hearts stencil by Simon Says Stamp and applied white pigment ink for the subtle heart design.  The pane was then die cut to provide the wonky stitched border using the Cloud 9 die set by Mama Elephant.

To make the word ADORBS I die cut the Charlie Alpha letters that I needed 4 times using 110lb white cardstock and glued the letters in a stack.  Using a ruler I determined a line across my panel and taped the ruler down and then abutted my letters against it and glued.



The sun die cut comes from the Rainbow Sky Die.  Once die cut I ink blended it using Distress Oxide in Squeezed Lemonade.   The '100%' is from Puddle Play, I masked off just that word from the longer sentiment and inked it up with Versamark Ink, removed the mask and stamped onto a small piece of black cardstock and then heat embossed in white.

All other elements are from Puddle Play, they were stamped with Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black, watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Blue Gray, Yellow and Light Pink.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.  The clouds were just die cut from the stamp set and not stamped first.   All images were die cut and applied with dimensional foam tape.



The finishing touch was the application of several Sparkling Clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh in a variety of sizes using Ranger Multi Medium Matte because it dries clear.

Have a great day and see you next time!

Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. I am a "studier" if that is a word I might use. From pastel to brightly ink blended back grounds, each one of your cards is styled with care. I love to mix stamp sets and love it even more when others do too. All to say; How Cute is This?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing the thought and care I put into each project Susie, it matters to me (or into the bin they go)!

      Delete