Saturday, February 16, 2019

Party Parade - Hello Bluebird

Hello everybody, I am sharing a card I made recently featuring the new Party Parade stamp set.  This is the second time I have made a card with this stamp set .... basically, I adore it!
To make this card I took an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and I masked off a line above which I ink blended Distress Oxide in Worn Lipstick.  I then moved the mask to above the original line and masked again only this time I used Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide.  I flicked some water splashes over the coloured panel and blotted them up a few seconds later to distress it.  I framed out the panel using the Gallery Frame #2 Die (just the outer part of the cut), applying it with dimensional foam tape to lift it up.
On Bristol Smooth cardstock I used Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil to stamp all the images from Party Parade.  I watercolour painted everything using the following Kuretake Zig colours – Light Pink 026, Haze Blue 302, Beige 072, Lemon Yellow 051, Green Shadow 049, Pale Orange 054, Blue Gray 092 and Brown 060.  I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and die cut each element and arranged and adhered them to the scene using either a single piece of foam tape or for the foreground images on a double layer.
My card was finished out with a selection of different sized sparkling clear flat-cup sequins.
Many thanks for coming by the blog today to read, I do hope you are enjoying the new release and buying up all the goodies!
See you next time!
Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. So cute and sweet! I just adore your color palette. Must find Potting Soil Ink. It's softer than black for sure and really works with your coloring style. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne, I recommend the Potting Soil Ink for sure!

      Delete