Monday, February 18, 2019

Bee Friends - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello, I have a new card today for Pretty Pink Posh and I'm enjoying what might be my favourite stamp set of theirs - Bee Friends.



This congratulations card features a panel that was Ink blended with Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar then embossed with a subtle hexagon design - perfect for Bumble Bees here!  Using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil I stamped the two sentiments which are from Everyday Greetings.



Using Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my Bee Friends characters.  I fussy cut the images then watercolour painted them using the following colours - Tombow ABT 020 and Kuretake Zigs in Haze Blue 302, Light Pink 026 and Gray 090.  Areas were highlighted with a Uni-ball Signo white gel pen.

I decided on a layout for them on my background panel and then stamped their 'buzzy trails' using more Potting Soil ink.  Next, I applied the bees with dimensional foam tape.




At this point I was enjoying the sweet simplicity of this card and decided no other embellishment was necessary other than to glitter up the bee's wings using Stickles in 'Crystal'.

The decorative panel was applied to a shimmering white cardstock card base.  Card complete!

Happy crafting everybody and I'll see you next time!

Nicky x





5 comments:

  1. This is just delightful! I can see why the bees are a favorite. They are very sweet looking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is super adorable! I love it!!🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do they sell Bristol Smooth paper? Thank you, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sarah, I use the Strathmore brand since it is great quality and is the whitest white of all the Bristol Smooths. So search for Strathmore Bristol Smooth, I know you can get it at Hobby Lobby and Amazon and I'd be amazed if Michaels didn't also sell it. Hope that helps!

      Delete