Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Party Parade - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi!  I'm back for the second day running revealing all new products to you from the February 15th Hello Bluebird Stamps release.  This is Party Parade together with the new Happy Birthday Die and Basic Borders Die.



This is a slimline card (use the search function on this blog to find more of my slimline cards) but I can tell you the finished dimensions of this card are 8 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches and you can find standard envelopes for cards with these dimensions by searching for Slimline Envelopes, Invitation Envelopes, #9 or Size 9 envelopes.



Firstly I ink blended a background panel using Clarity Stencil Brushes (seen in photo) and Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass.  I then took one of the dies from Basic Borders and centred it at the bottom of the panel and cut and then I cut again with the same die from some pink cardstock and for purely decorative purposes,  I inserted the pink cut into the panel space and taped it together on the reverse.  At this point I applied the panel to the 110lb sturdy white cardstock base.



I die cut the Happy Birthday die several times from white cardstock and once more from cardstock that I had ink blended with pastel colours.  I glued each letter to the next and finished with the coloured die cuts and then glued them to the panel.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock all of the images from Party Parade were stamped using Archival Ink in Potting Soil then watercolour painted using the following colours - Arteza in Green Tea A154.  Tombow ABT in 451 and 020.  Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal 064, Mid Gray 096, Warm Gray (2) 900, Light Gray 091, Brown 060, Bright Yellow 052 and Light Pink 026.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.  All images were die cut and applied with dimensional foam tape.



Final touches were to dot in a little textured 'ground' and a few sparkling clear sequins were adhered for a festive flourish.

Tomorrow I will be back with another new card featuring the new release from Hello Bluebird and I thank you for visiting my blog today!

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. So very delightful and fun. I just love your coloring style and your sense of fun and play on your cards. I also really like the slimline design. It's something different and very fun!

    ReplyDelete