Monday, February 11, 2019

Banner Buddies - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  Today is a GOOD day because I get to reveal the first of the new stamp sets from Hello Bluebird stamps for the February 15th release.  This is Banner Buddies!



You are also seeing the new Vertical Banner Die and the sentiment is from Spring Banner Script sentiment stamp set.

To make this card I firstly stencil ink blended the cloud background using Distress Ink in Tattered Rose.  I also die cut a grass edge from the Grassy Knoll die set and ink blended that with Cracked Pistachio and adhered this piece to the cloudy background popped up on dimensional foam tape.

Next task was to use the banner stamp from Banner Buddies and stamp the image using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in silver.  I then stamped the sentiment the same way and I used the Vertical Banner Die to die cut the image which had been stamped onto Insulation Pink cardstock by MFT.  I found a scrap of grey cardstock and die cut the 'rod' from which it hangs.  I adhered them together and applied it to the scene again with foam tape.



Now for the cute stuff!  I stamped my images from Banner Buddies onto Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted all images using the following colours -  Tombow ABTs in 761, 243, 942.  Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal 064, Beige 072, Mid Gray 096, Light Gray 091, Dark Gray 095 and Light Green 041.  Certain points were highlighted with Uni-Ball Signo White gel pen and all images were die cut, arranged and adhered either directly or with foam tape to build depth.



The decorative panel was added to a 110lb white cardstock base which is nice and sturdy for such a dimensional card and that was it!

I thank you for coming by my blog today to read today  .... I'll be back tomorrow with another new release card for Hello Bluebird - I hope you join me!

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It really is a delightful card. I'm going to have to try my hand at watercolor. I love the look. Great job!

    ReplyDelete