Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Frosty Littles - Hello Bluebird

Hello!  This is Day 3 of the new release showcase for Hello Bluebird Stamps and I'm playing with the new Frosty Littles.



This is a 'Slimline' card which is to say that it has finished card dimensions that are 3 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" so from an A4 sheet of cardstock cut the length at 7 inches then score and fold in half (4 bar).  My panel is cut from the remainder of the A4 sheet and the dimensions are 3.2" x 8.2".  A simple online search for 'slimline envelopes' will yield several results to make life easier for mailing off your creations!



The panel I created was ink blended in Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet.  Once dry it was stamped and embossed with white snowflakes.  I hand cut two wavy banks of snow sticking one down to the panel then with a very light hand I ink blended the other one using Distress Ink in Cracked Pistachio and layered it over the first snow layer but this time using foam tape to back it and lift it up!



On Bristol Smooth cardstock (I favour Strathmore) I stamped my snowman and village images using Ranger Archival Ink in Black.  I watercolour painted them using a mix of Kuretake Zigs and Arteza watercolour pens.  Next, I fussy cut my images since at the time of making this card the coordinating dies had not been supplied to me.  I backed each image with foam tape and adhered them into the scene having some of the snowmen interacting with others.  I backed my panel with white craft foam and applied it to the card base .... this is long and chunky/substantial card ... I don't DO flimsy!!!



I saved the sentiment stamping for the inside only for this card and felt no other embellishment was required this time around!

I think it would be safe to say the Frosty Littles are adorable!?

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back with another card featuring the new release tomorrow!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment