Thursday, October 11, 2018

'Tis The Season and Christmas Is Coming - Hello Bluebird

Hello!  I'm delighted to be finally sharing with you a couple of projects today to preview the big new and very wonderful Hello Bluebird release which you can buy October 12th!

My first card today combines the 'Tis The Season sentiment stamp set with the wonderful Christmas Is Coming stamp set.



For this card I richly ink blended my background using Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire, I blended away to nothing at the bottom to give the appearance of snow and then took a little Distress Ink in Picket Fence to further soften where the colour finishes  and to give the appearance that the wind is whipping up the snow from the surface.



I splashed and blotted the background with water.  Then I mixed a little white acrylic paint with a tiny spritz of water and using a small paint brush I splattered on the snow.  I sometimes went for big blobs and other times for small to build depth ... I wanted a real blizzard!  I then put my dried panel in my Misti and using Versamark Ink, I stamped the sentiment and then heat embossed in white.  I repeated this process in order to really make the sentiment stand out on the busy background and it looks even more raised and brighter white for doing that.

Finally, on Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and watercolour painted them all with my Kuretake Zigs.  I didn't have the dies yet and so I fussy cut the images and adhered them with dimensional foam tape.  Using a Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen I hand dotted in the snow all over my characters.  The finishing touch was the application of a little subtle Stickles glitter here and there.



My second card today will be revealed this afternoon on Instagram and here on my blog so stay tuned for that!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nicky x

1 comment: