Wednesday, September 5, 2018

So Many Snowmen - Mama Elephant

Hello everyone!



I'm so excited that in a few days I'll be participating in the huge Mama Elephant new release Blog Hop Stampede.  It got me feeling in the mood to create more cards by going back 1 year and playing with the much loved 'So Many Snowmen' stamp set.



I stamped the large image onto Bristol Smooth cardstock and then afterwards to some masking paper which I fussy cut out and layered over the original image to protect it.  I ink blended the cheerful sky with Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers to a subtle ombré affect.  Once dry and with the mask still in place I layered on Nuvo Glitter Paste and allowed it to dry before removing the mask.



Working with the colour of the sky I'd created I used colours that I felt went well together and watercolour painted the sweet snowmen using my Kuretake Zigs and then I highlighted  their pink blushing cheeks with a Uniball Signo White Gel pen.

The finishing touch was to stamp and heat emboss the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock and then I die cut several snowflakes from 'Stitched Flakes' by Simon Says Stamp and applied them.

I hope you enjoyed the card tutorial and are feeling inspired.  Thanks for stopping by!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment