Friday, September 14, 2018

Autumn Gatherings - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi everybody, I'm back with another card for Hello Bluebird Stamps.   For this card I've called on several of their stamp and die sets.  The thing with Hello Bluebird is how seamlessly everything works together from past and present releases and this will go forward so you can build a collection and draw from everything constantly.



This card started with the creation of the plaid background using the Plaid Background Stamp.  I stamped it in pale grey and then applied the panel (slightly trimmed up) to the card base.  Next I die cut the Halloween Tree Die from grey cardstock.  The pretty leaves for the trees are from the Gallery Frame 3 Die and were ink blended, as were the pumpkins.  The grassy banks are from the Grassy Knoll Die Set and these were also ink blended.  Finally the 'thanks'  sentiment was die cut three times in grey and deep orange cardstock from the Gallery Frame 2 Die Set and adhered together slightly offset so the grey shows as a shadow behind the orange.



I decided on an arrangement for all my die cuts and ink blended components and then adhered them into the scene layered up on varying amounts of dimensional foam tape to build depth.  

On some Bristol Smooth cardstock I  stamped my fox from the Autumn Gatherings stamp set together with the scarf (which is among various items of clothing you can dress the critters up in) and the acorn to give him something to hold.  I watercolour painted these using my Kuretake Zigs and then I die cut the images, assembled them and applied them into the scene using more foam tape.



The final touch was to highlight some areas with a Uniball Signo white gel pen and then I sourced a few toning mixed sequins and tucked them here and there just to add a sweet little twinkling accent.

I do appreciate you stopping by to read about this card.  Feel free to ask any questions in the comments section - I'm very happy to try and help you!

Until the next time, happy crafting

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment