Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Rainy Day - Hello Bluebird

Hello!

I've probably said it before and I'll probably say it again but I'm just so deeply in love with the illustrations by Hello Bluebird Stamps.  I am sharing a card with you today made with Rainy Day one of my favourite stamp sets from their May release.




The card also uses many dies from Grassy Knoll.  This die set is so useful for all your scene building what with the choices of clouds and grassy edges.



First job was to die cut my cloud form and grassy edges using Bristol Smooth cardstock and I ink blended them using Distress Inks starting out with some intensity and then blending it out to a faded or ombré finish.  I took another A2 panel of Bristol Smooth and again ink blended it then stamped on the rain with white pigment ink and adhered it to my 110lb white cardstock base.



I stamped my sentiment from Rainbow Script and then layered the cloud and grassy edges into the scene using dimensional foam tape.  Next, I turned my attention to the adorable characters.  Taking more Bristol Smooth I stamped my images with Archival Ink in black then watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs.  I highlighted a few points with a Uniball Signo white gel pen then die cut and adhered them with more foam tape.



I didn't feel the card required any further embellishment other than to put a little jewel for the tag on the puppy's collar.  Project complete!

Thank you for stopping by and reading here for a couple of minutes, I appreciate it!

Until the next time then .....

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment