Hello, welcome to my blog and an exciting new release from Simon Says Stamp. This is their 'Every Happiness' release for July and I think you'll find there is much to love. Please use the following LINK to be taken directly to the Every Happiness release and feast your eyes on it all. Simon Says Stamp is giving away a $25 coupon on every stop of the hop so be sure to comment below my post to be assured of being entered to win. Last order of business is to remind you that this hop is just the first of two. At 8am tomorrow Saturday July 25th there will be a second hop and it will be equally filled with inspiring projects.
My card today features the mouth watering and zesty 'Squeeze You' stamps and dies and stencil (also available separately). I have also used the new Flower Puff Embossing Folder and Chunky Ovals Die.
I took a panel of white cardstock and die cut to give the faux stitched edge. I glued this to my card base. A second panel of cardstock was used in conjunction with the Flower Puff Embossing Folder. To achieve this effect with the pattern raised but kept white, I added Twisted Citron Distress Oxide Ink to the side where the flowers were indented, sliding and tapping my ink pad for good coverage. I added the panel of cardstock that I had pre die-cut using the Chunky Ovals Die and passed it through my Big Shot using the correct sandwich.
I backed this panel with dimensional foam tape and applied to the panel I had previously created and this was all glued to an A2 card base.
I stamped the Squeeze You images in black ink. I layered the stencil over the stamped image and proceeded to ink blend using Distress Oxide Inks in Fossilized Amber, Squeezed Lemonade (obviously!) and Mowed Lawn with Twisted Citron for the foliage.
The images were die cut using the coordinating die set and then I arranged everything over the embossed panel and applied them with more dimensional tape.
For the final touches I stamped, die cut and added the sentiment with yet more foam tape and a few sparkling clear sequins were the perfect finishing touch.
A very dimensional, summery card that is bound to make the recipient's mouth water!
Please find below the blog hop order and don't forget to comment for a chance to win. Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by.
HOP ORDER:-
- Simon Says Stamp Blog
- Heather Hoffman
- Barbara Tarayao
- Laura Bassen
- Amy Rysavy
- Tina Smith
- Nicky Meek (you are here)
- Heather Ruwe
- Lisa Addesa
- Miriam Prantner
- Jean Doeringsfeld
- Barb Engler
- Laura Williams
- Christine Okken
Love how you used that embossing folder on this card. It made a perfect backdrop for the lemons. 💛
ReplyDeleteI love that embossing folder as your background . Great card.
ReplyDeleteI love the bright & fresh taste that lemons add to foods but in this case the brightness was fresh and visually appealing with your usage of lemons for the focal image on your card. Your coloring brought them to life and you chose a perfect embossing folder for the background. Those tiny flowers could easily be the blooms on a Lemon tree. I also really like that you used an oval die to make your focal area smaller which also added interest to it. Lovely card, all of your chosen components worked beautifully together.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!
ReplyDeleteThe coloring and shading on your lemons is amazing and the embossed background just pulls the whole card together. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWow. The lemons really pop. Great coloring and design
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card! I especially like the embossed background & the effect you achieved with the Twisted Citron. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful -- love the embossing folder (plus technique), and that lovely sentiment!
ReplyDeleteLove your card and the fun sentiment. Great coloring.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful - love the embossing folder, and that wonderful sentiment!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card - LOVE that sentiment!
ReplyDeleteWOW, the colors are just perfect. And the tiny flowers are such a great effect. I LOVE citrus, so this is wonderful to me!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous blending, love the bright colors.
ReplyDelete