Monday, October 14, 2024

Mama Elephant - The Nutcracker

 



Hello!  Today I'm creating for fun with some new purchases from Mama Elephant.  They've just had an amazing new holiday release and I couldn't resist treating myself.   This card was made using the new The Nutcracker  stamp set and coordinating die together with their Turn the Page Creative Cuts which are a match made in heaven.

I prepared a pale grey A2 panel of cardstock and adhered it to my card base.  I then used the Turn the Page die and used the larger die to die cut sparkling white cardstock and the smaller die was used to cut white cardstock.  I then needed to create a 'stencil' in effect, in order to ink blend the open pages.  To do this I used the sentiment inner cuts and die cut some acetate which after use I could just clean off and re-use another time.  

With the 'stencil' prepared I ink blended using Speckled Egg and Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Inks.  I stamped the sentiment and then made a snowy background using white acrylic paint and I dipped a stylus in the paint and dotted the snow exactly where I wanted it.




I stamped the images from The Nutcracker with black ink and coloured the images with the following Copic markers:-

Mouse - W4, W3, W0, W00, R24, R22, R21, C3, C1, C00
Rocking Horse - E34, E31, E77, E44, R24, R22
Girl - E33, E11, E21, E00, BG32, G00, G0000, E44, E43, E41
Fairy - E33, E11, E21, E00, C1, C0, R22, R20, R00, BG32, G00, G0000
Nutcracker Soldier - R24, R22, R21, R20, Y19, Y13, T7, T5, T4, T3, E33, E11, E21, E00, C3, C1

I highlighted with a white gel pen and die cut the images.




I glued the 'book' panels together, backed them with dimensional foam tape and applied to the grey panel.  I backed the coloured images with more foam tape and adhered them and for the finishing touches I glittered parts of the character's clothing etc and applied some 4 point star holographic embellishments amongst the falling snow.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I'll be back in a couple of days with something else new to hopefully inspire your own projects.  Enjoy your day!











No comments:

Post a Comment