Sunday, May 5, 2019

Sunny Meadow Fair - Purple Onion Designs

This is my third card this month for the Purple Onion Designs brand new release Summer Meadow Fair as illustrated by Stacey Yacula.  This card is a more CAS design that might appeal to those who can't or don't want to go tooo crazy!



I prepared an A2 panel of kraft cardstock and stamped the Large Fair Tent image using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white.  I then die cut the panel using the Cloud 9 die by Mama Elephant for a fun decorative edge.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock the images were stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  The image on the left is Pinky (Pig with Cotton Candy/Ice Cream) and the image to the right is Clown (Bunny Clown)    I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Flesh Colour, Pale Pink, Light Pink, Carmine Red, Yellow and Light Blue and they were fussy cut, backed with dimensional foam tape and applied to the scene.  I love how they POP against a kraft background!  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.

The sentiment was stamped using Memento Ink in Dandelion using my Misti (so that I could repeat the stamping for a strong colour.  The Woo Hoo sentiment forms part of a blurbs sentiment set associated with the new release.  The clouds are found here and are from a former release.  They were also backed with foam and applied.



Finally, I embellished by find toning jewels by Pretty Pink Posh and applying with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Thank you for coming by my blog today, I'll be back very soon with a new project.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment