Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Winston - Purple Onion Designs

Hi, I have a new card for you today using the adorable little Winston from Purple Onion Designs as illustrated by Stacey Yacula Studio.



The card also features Garden Bushes which I stamped twice onto Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I also stamped Winston, May (the flying bird) and  Finch the little bird in the shirt.  I used my favourite ink for watercolour painting - Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I painted all of my images and here is a list of the colours used.  Kuretake Zigs in Mid Gray 096, Beige 072, Warm Gray(2) 900, May Green 047, Light Green 041 and Mid Green 046.  Cheeks were blushed using a Tombow ABT in shade 761.  A few points were highlighted with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen.



I masked off the bushes at their base and ink blended the grass using Distress Ink in Cracked Pistachio. The mask was removed and I fussy cut the bush line.  I took another A2 panel of cardstock and ink blended it for the sky using Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers.  I applied the grass and bushes over the sky panel with dimensional foam tape.  I also fussy cut the bunny and birds and also attached them with foam tape.   I die cut a slim frame using kraft cardstock.  I backed the frame with foam tape and applied it.



The final touches were to stamp the sentiment.  I then hand dotted and flecked in tufts of grass using a Kuretake Zig in Green Shadow 049  which nicely tones with the Cracked Pistachio.  I blended it out a little with a waterbrush pen and dotted in some white daisies.

I found the wooden floral daises in my sequin stash and adhered them using Ranger Multi Medium Matte which is beautifully strong.

Hope you enjoyed my card, thanks for stopping by.

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. What a charming and most delightful scene. Those images are so adorable! Your coloring with the Zigs is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete