Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Mama Elephant - The Nutcracker

 



Hello friends, thanks for visiting my blog today where I'm share my second card created using The Nutcracker stamp set from Mama Elephant Stamps.  This card also uses the coordinating dies for the stamp set and I used the fun Combo Rectangle Creative Cuts.

To create this card I first made all the mats by using the combo Rectangle Creative Cuts.  I glued all the stacks together but I placed some white craft foam behind the green mat to start building some depth and because I like my cards to feel very substantial when handled.




With the top most panel, I ink blended using inks from The Stamp Market in 'Minty' and 'Fresh Mint' and I splattered it with white acrylic paint loosened with a drop or two of water.  When dry, I popped the panel in my Misti and stamped the sentiment which is included in the stamp set.  I glued this panel in place.

I stamped the 3 Nutcracker soldiers with black ink and coloured them with the following Copic marker combinations:-

Green - G19, G07, YG07, G00, G0000
White/Grey - C3, C1, C0
Black - T9, T7, T5, T3
Skin - E33, E11, E21, E00





The images were highlighted with a white gel pen then die cut using the coordinating dies and applied to the background with dimensional foam tape.

To finish, I added some sparkle to decorative parts of their uniforms in the form of Ranger's Stickles in 'Crystal' and with that this card was complete.  Another Christmas card done!










No comments:

Post a Comment