Monday, October 21, 2024

Hello Bluebird Stamps - Frosty Friends

 





I had some time to work ahead on some Christmas cards and opted to use some loved older stamps from Hello Bluebird but please keep in mind that these older stamp sets have been retired.  I've used Frosty Friends along with it's companion die and I also used the Nesting Ovals Die which can be found in HB's Essentials section on the site.

I created several panels of cardstock in decreasing sizes and in tones that worked with the top panel of patterned cardstock selected from my stash.  These were glued in stacks then to the card base.

I die cut two nesting ovals from sturdy vellum and a size smaller in sturdy white cardstock.  To create a background to set the scene I stamped one of the tree images multiple times and then coloured with Copic markers to tone with the patterned panel.  I glued the ovals together and adhered them to the patterned panel.




I stamped the images from Frosty Friends and coloured with the following Copic markers:-

Snowman - C3, C1, C0
Reindeer - E44, E43, E42, E41, E40
Polar Bear - C3, C1, C00, E40
Red - R39, R29, R27
Green - G17, YG09
Top Hat - T6, T5, T4, T2

I die cut the images using the companion dies and adhered them to the background with dimensional foam tape.




I highlighted with a white gel pen and then I used a stylus and white acrylic paint to dot in the snow through the background and across the sweet images.

Last but not least I selected a sentiment from the stamp set, stamped it on a strip and applied this with foam tape and I glued a few sparkling clear sequins to the upper left and lower right corners.

Thank you for stopping by!

















No comments:

Post a Comment