Monday, January 8, 2024

My Favorite Things - January Release - 1 More Day To Go!





I'm very happy you have stopped by my blog today where I'm sharing this easel card that was created using the latest stamp set illustrated by Stacey Yacula.  Here's what I've used:-

Blueprints 27

The photo at the top of this blogpost shows the card opened into an easel in one of two positions.  Below is the card in it's second easel position.   A recipient can choose which position to sit the card open depending on the height it will be at but also the sender can choose to write above the inside sentiment or around it or just write on the back of the whole card.





Here's a link to an easel card tutorial by Jennifer McGuire.  Start out with a basic design and as you grow in confidence you can do endless more complicated, charming designs.  They're really not tricky!

So for this design I used Blueprints 27 to cut the same scallop edged panel twice.  I ink blended both panels after masking off the edges and stamped the larger sentiment.  I was then able to attach the easel to the back of the panels with glue.




I stamped the images from Micest Thing using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and I coloured with the following Copic markers:-

Mice - E31, E41, E40, C3, C1, C0, W3, W1
Blushes - R22, R21, R00
Ears - R21, R00
Hearts - R08, R22, R20

I then die cut with the coordinating die-namics.




Images were backed with foam tape and I also stamped the smaller sentiment and backed it with foam tape too.   I applied the sentiment for one position to sit the easel and then with the second position I made sure to align the top of the mouse with the top of the thought bubble so that the easily would sit straight if placed in that position.  I then stuck the elements to the main front of the card.

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.




Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment