Monday, July 10, 2023

Hello Bluebird Stamps - July Release Day - Strawberry Patch and Berry Basket

 






The long awaited release day from Hello Bluebird Stamps is now here.  You can buy the new release at 7pm MST - set your alarm, you'll want to shop early and keep in mind Hello Bluebird is a husband wife team with no other help and they can become quickly overwhelmed with orders, so make YOURS one of the first!

Here's what I've used in my card today:-

Strawberry Patch
Strawberry Patch Die
Berry Basket Die
Sweet Strawberries
Sweet Friend Words Die

PLEASE NOTE -  the Sweet Strawberries stamp set (which I just used a couple of tiny elements from in this card) is the FREE WITH PURCHASE stamp set for this release whilst stocks last.  You can buy it separately of course if you can't exceed the expenditure threshold to receive it free.  FULL DETAILS ARE ON THE HELLO BLUEBIRD BLOG TODAY!  Read carefully and don't forget when it comes time to purchase!!!

I ink blended a slimline panel using Shabby Shutters, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks.  I distressed by splashing with water than I mixed in a little white acrylic paint and splattered that too.  This panel was applied to my card base.

I die cut the Gallery Frame #5 die and applied the outer scalloped portion with dimensional foam tape.




Next, I die cut the Berry Basket Die.  I die cut the basket just once but with the strawberries, leaves and blooms I die cut 3 or 4 times so that I had plenty of choice with arranging the berries in the basket.  I coloured all of the parts with Copic markers but you might choose to ink blend instead.

Strawberries - R22, R21, R20, R00, R000, YG0000
Leaves - G12, YG93, YG91
Blooms - YR31, Y21, Y00
Mice - E31, E42, E41, E40
Blushes - R22, R20, R00, R000

To assemble, I kept a hold of the berry basket in my hand.  In advance I applied a little foam tape to the back of each strawberry and leaf and then I started to layer and after each element was added I put the basket back over the top to check how it would look.  Once the basket was full I glued the basket slightly curved over the top of the berries, adhering it to the frame on the left and right.  I then added the flower here and there.

I stamped the mice with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and see above the Copic colours used to colour them.  They were die cut and applied to the scene and I playfully added the one peeking out of the basket.

Final touches now ..... I dotted in some interest to the grass and die cut the Sweet Friend Words Die and applied it and then stamped in the smaller part of the sentiment beneath that.

A few Nuvo drops in white completed the project.  This one was a lot of work but I was happy with how it turned out.  For someone very special!  Happy shopping!
























No comments:

Post a Comment