Sunday, July 25, 2021

My Favorite Things - July Card Kit - Celebrate You - Countdown Day 2

Hello!   My Favorite Things have a new Card Kit releasing at 10am EST on the 27th July!!   The kit is named 'Celebrate You' and yes ... it is all about birthdays!   Here is my first of three cards to reveal some of what the kit can do!   Today I'm keeping it clean and simple with a fun shaker design.







Firstly, I die cut a white panel of cardstock using the new It's Your Day Die-namics.   On the reverse side I adhered some clear acetate.  I used strips of dimensional foam tape around the edge of the party hat design, used anti static powder to make sure the edges of the tape weren't sticky then sprinkled in my shaker filler contents and then I sealed the back of the shaker unit with more acetate.



I put more dimensional tape around the edges of the white panel and then adhered it to a colourful A2 panel of pattern cardstock from the new Party Time 6 x 6 Paper Pad.

For the decorative hat topper I die cut that piece twice from Poppin' Pink Prestige Cardstock and the second from the Gold Sparkle Cardstock and adhered.



Last but not least the simple design is anchored by the sentiment from the new Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set which I stamped on a die cut made using Itty Bitty Sentiment Strips Die-namics, black cardstock and Versamark Ink.   I heat embossed in white, backed the strip with foam tape and applied.  I mounted the whole panel to a sturdy white cardstock card base and with that the card was complete.

I chose to fill my shaker unit for a fairly stuffed look with little movement of the contents but you could easily do yours with just a few embellishments that are fun to shake around.

I'll be back tomorrow with something new from the kit - see you then hopefully!
















13 comments:

  1. This is the coolest shaker card! Love it and the release

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwww!!!! A shaker card. This card is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaker card for the win! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shaker bits look like confetti, which is perfect for a party theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this shaker card. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this colorful shaker card. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun shaker birthday card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love shaker cards, and this one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love a shaker card and this one is so cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun card! Love how there is a peek of the colorful paper around the edge of the card.

    ReplyDelete