Saturday, February 1, 2020

A Beautiful Day - Purple Onion Designs

I have sweet little Valentine's style card for you today featuring stamps from A Beautiful Day, illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.



My card started with creating the background.  My inspiration was a favourite and faded seersucker pink plaid tablecloth I have.  I recreated it using the Plaid Background Stencils by Honey Bee Stamps.  This is a 4 part stencil and you don't have to use all 4 but I did.  To recreate the faded charm of the tablecloth I used a Clarity Stencil Brush to softly brush on Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick, only this colour was used to create what you see.  This panel was die cut to give it the simple faux stitched edge.



A piece of pale pink cardstock was die cut with a grass edge and then ink blended with more of the Worn Lipstick ink.   I stamped the sentiment which you can find HERE.  This was backed with foam tape and applied to the background which in turn was adhered to a 110lb cover white cardstock base.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the images from A Beautiful Day using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs and then set about fussy cutting everything.  They were backed with foam tape and adhered to the scene.



Cheeks were highlighted with a white gel pen and for a little bubbly fun I added some Nuvo drops  around them.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment