Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Storybook Friends & Gallery Frame #4 Die - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  This is day 3 of Previews for Hello Bluebird's gorgeous June release and today the Design Team are introducing Storybook Friends which I have paired with the new Gallery Frame #4 Die.  All new products available to buy June 26th at 7pm MST.



To make this card I first of all stamped the included background image using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.   I casually watercolour painted the background and once dry, I stamped the sentiment and applied the panel to a white card base.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth I  stamped my images again with the Potting Soil ink.  I watercolour painted them using the following colour palette - Tombow ABT in 020 and Kuretake Zigs in Mid Gray, Pale Rose, Green Shadow, Blue Gray, Cool Gray (1), Scarlet Red, Light Blue, Light Green, Light Blue, Oatmeal and Beige.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then images were die cut using the coordinating dies.



To finish the card I die cut the new Gallery Frame #4 die from white cardstock.  I backed it with foam tape and attached the floral sprays to the sticky foam behind the frame and then adhered it to the background.  I tucked a little extra piece of foam under each floral spray to lift them up just a bit for added dimension.

Finally, I backed all the die cut images with yet more of the foam tape and adhered them to the scene.  I felt no other embellishment was necessary for this card, I liked the simple sweetness like a page out of a children's favourite picture book.


One more day of previews tomorrow (also release day) so do come by again and see what is in store.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment