Saturday, June 8, 2019

Farmyard Little Bits - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I have a sweet new CAS card to share with you today that uses Farmyard Little Bits and the openings/windows were made using the Stitched Tag Builder Die all by Hello Bluebird Stamps.



I die cut a panel of 110lb weight white cardstock which gave the panel a faux stitched edge.  I then used several of the shapes from the Stitched Tag Builder Die to make four window openings in the panel and I planned in advance where my sentiment would go and so I stamped that right after.  The sentiment is from Pig Day.



Next job was to ink blend the negative cuts which I did using Distress Oxide Inks in Spun Sugar and Crushed Olive.   I backed the main white panel with dimensional foam tape and applied it to my sturdy white card base and then I applied glue to the back of the negative, ink blended cuts and recessed them back through the openings.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my Farmyard Little Bits ... just the piglets for this project!  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in the following colour palette - Flesh Colour, Pale Pink, Light Pink, Yellow and Oatmeal.

Each piglet or other image was backed with dimensional foam tape and applied to the scene - each little window is like a different story but all birthday and celebration themed.

I then carefully stamped the little words around the piglets and finally I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen and adhered a few of my favourite sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

Hope to see you here next time I have a card to share - happy crafting!

Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable in every way. I love the little piggies in each of the window boxes celebrating the recipient in different ways. So sweet and fun! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete