Sunday, June 16, 2019

Bubbles - Miss Ink Stamps

I have a new card for Miss Ink Stamps today since I was invited back to guest design again, this time for their June 19th release ..... warning ..... it's pretty cute!!  This card features 'Bubbles' one of the new stamp sets.



I ink blended a panel of cardstock using Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Mowed Lawn, I splashed this up with some water droplets and blotted them up after a few seconds.  Next, I stamped and embossed the sentiment using Versamark Ink and silver embossing powder.   To finish the background I stamped some of the bubble images lightly with pale blue Memento ink so that they just blended nicely into the background.



I found some toning cardstock and die cut a simple frame that would nicely finish out the scene I was about to create.  I backed it with dimensional foam tape and applied it to the panel which in turn was adhered to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped my images from Bubbles using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted everything using the following colour palette.  Kuretake Zigs in Natural Gray, Mid Gray, Beige, Light Gray, Light Pink and Haze Blue.  I also used a Tombow ABT in shade 800.

Each image was fussy cut, backed with more foam tape and applied to the scene.



A few finishing touches to complete the card.  Firstly I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.  I glued pale blue jewels from Pretty Pink Posh into the sky amongst the bubbles and finally I used Nuvo Crystal Glaze to gloss up the bubbles with the mice, as seen in this final image.

I appreciate you stopping by to read about this card and hope you enjoyed it and that you now feel the need to treat yourself to something from the new release!

See you next time!

Nicky x







No comments:

Post a Comment