Friday, February 15, 2019

Sparkle Dots & Cupcake Critters - Pretty Pink Posh

Hi!  I wonder if you treated yourself to the Sparkle Dot Patterns 2 stamp set by Pretty Pink Posh yet?  Maybe this card can tempt you?



I've used one of the border patterns for this card, but you've got balloons and even eggs (for Easter) among other designs.  Great way to use up your jewels from Pretty Pink Posh!

So this card started with an A2 white panel which is die cut using Stitched Borders 4 to give it the decorative edge top and bottom.  I then stamped the Sparkle Dots stamp in my Misti and then flipped the panel the other way and stamped it a second time.  I chose my jewels and adhered them with Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive.  Sequins would work equally as well.

I masked a line and above it I gently ink blended Distress Oxide in Spun Sugar, then I moved the mask and ink blended in Distress Oxide in Cracked Pistachio.

I stamped the sentiment from Fly Away Friends and then on Bristol Smooth cardstock I used Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil to stamp my Cupcake Critters, they were die cut and watercolour painted using the following colours - Tombow ABT 020 and Kuretake Zigs in Beige 072,  Mid Gray 096, Light Pink 026, Green Shadow 049 and Bright Yellow 052.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.  They were backed with foam tape and applied.



I was really pleased with the blingy border and felt no other additional embellishment was required for this card.  The panel was adhered to a sturdy white card base.  Project complete!

Thanks for coming by the blog today.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment