Friday, January 4, 2019

Tea With Friends & Picnic With Friends - Mama Elephant

Hi!  I have a pretty card to share with you today where I've combined both Tea With Friends and Picnic With Friends by Mama Elephant.



The scale of these two stamp sets is perfect for combining as you can see and in order to fit everything into the one card, I opted for one of my slimline cards.  Finished dimensions are 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches with a panel cut at 8.2 x 3.2 inches - it can be made from one new panel of cardstock with just a skinny strip left over (useful for sentiments).  My panel was ink blended using Clarity Stencil Brushes.  Colours used are Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and Shabby Shutters.



I stamped all of the images using Bristol Smooth cardstock and Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee.  I watercolour painted the images using Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal 064, Brown 060, Pale Rose 230, Beige 072, Blue Gray 092, Mid Grey 096, Light Pink 026 and Carmine Red 022.

Everything was die cut and I decided on an arrangement, took a photo on my phone so that I didn't forget it and then I set about adhering everything into the scene, sometime glueing it directly and sometimes popped up on dimensional foam tape.

I dotted in some crumbs and flecked in some tufts of grass directly with my Zigs and the final touch was delicately glittering a few areas as if glistening in the sunshine (it is super subtle).  I backed the panel with white craft foam and adhered it to the card base.  I had some left over little birds which I adhered inside the card where I also stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment.




I do thank you for stopping by the blog to read about this card today.  See you next time!

Nicky x

3 comments:

  1. This is an adorable card. I've really been enjoying your slim line cards. I also really like your soft color palette. Thank you so much for sharing now only the dimensions, but the colors you use to create this look. I really appreciate your time and talent. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanne for letting me know that you appreciate the addition of adding the colours I have used in any give project!

      Delete