Sunday, December 30, 2018

Page Huggers - Mama Elephant

Hello!  I'm continuing to have some fun creating some cards just for pleasure whilst I have some spare time from my Design Team work!  Today I've been playing with Page Huggers by Mama Elephant.  I made this card for one of my sisters who has a very special teacher in her daughter's life to thank.



First things first, I very softly ink blended my panel using Clarity Stencil Brushes.  Distress Inks used are Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters.  I then die cut the panel to give it the decorative edge using the Cloud Nine Creative Cuts.   I then popped this panel into my Misti and stamped the sentiment which is from Sweetest Greetings.  I used Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and stamped it twice so that it was perfect.  Inside the card I stamped the smaller 'You're The Best' sentiment from the same set.  I then attached the panel to my card base of 110lb Neenah white cardstock.



On Bristol Smooth (I favour Strathmore) I stamped and die cut my images from Page Huggers using the Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil again.  Using my waterbrush pens I watercolour painted each of the cuties.  For the bear I used Zigs in Oatmeal and Mid Gray.  For the kitty I used a Tombow in shade 912.   The mouse was done with Zig in Mid-Gray and the bunny with Zig in BlueGray.  All cheeks were blushed with Zig in Light Pink.  

Their spectacles are painted with Zig in Haze Blue and any red on the card was painted using Zig in Carmine Red.  Any green is Zig Light Green.  The yellow shade is Tombow 991.

I decided on a layout for my characters and adhered them with varying amounts of dimensional foam tape, I highlighted some points with a Uni-Ball Signo White gel pen.



My finishing touch was the simple addition of these miniature wood butterflies that I adore!

Thank you so much for stopping by to read, please leave me any comments or questions you may have!  Happy crafting!


Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment