Friday, November 9, 2018

Ornament Shaker with Penguin Pals - Pretty Pink Posh

Hi, I hope you've been enjoying the Pretty Pink Posh's Design Team's reveals of all the wonderful new products which you can already buy in the shop.   My card today features the new Ornament Shaker die together with the adorable Penguin Pals (you might have caught my card a few days ago that also used Penguin Pals - use the search function to find that card too)!



I had to make this card slightly oversized to fit all those chubby penguins into the scene.  I cut a slightly smaller panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and ink blended it using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.  I then used an embossing buddy to prep the surface for the stamping and heat embossing of a variety of snowflakes from the Pretty Pink Posh - Winter Wonderland stamp set.  I backed the panel with white craft foam and adhered it to the card base.



Next, I made four die cuts using the Ornament Shaker die.  Three from white cardstock and one from grey cardstock.  I snipped out the 'jolly' word from the centre since I didn't need it, but I kept it for a future card!   I stacked the remaining parts up adhering one to the next and die cut the trim piece for the top from glittery silver cardstock.  I threaded cream/silver baker's twine through the top and glued the ornament to the centre of the card.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my penguins and their hats using Ranger Archival Ink in black.  I watercolour painted them using my Kuretake Zigs and highlighted some points with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen.  I glued their hats on and then added dimensional foam tape tot he back of each, decided on who would go where and stuck them down.



The final touches were the addition of the jewels from the new Starry Sky Mix, I only applied these within the bauble focal point and then I used Stickles in 'Crystal'  to glitter up some points on my penguins.  The sentiment was stamped on the inside of this card only.

Another Christmas card complete - on to the next!  Thank you for coming by to read.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment