Saturday, October 27, 2018

North Pole Littles - Hello Bluebird

Hey everyone, I have a new card for Hello Bluebird Stamps to share with you today featuring the super cute North Pole Littles stamps and dies.  They are set in a scene created by using the 'essential' (in my humble opinion) Spooky Scene die!



First things first .... I softly ink blended an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock using Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar.  I dotted in some falling snow by hand, using a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen and adhered the panel to my card base and set it to one side.



Next, I took the Spooky Scene die and die cut a white cardstock A2 size panel.  I ink blended the trees using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.   Now, when you die cut the Spooky Scene you get some negative cuts that you'd perhaps ordinarily throw away or use as scrap.   The centre negative cut is really quite large and I decided to grab a hill die from Hill and Dale and cut a second hill which of course will perfectly match the line of the ground from the Spooky Scene cut.  I then took a Versamark Ink Pad and inked up certain areas of the trees and ground and then sprinkled on some Wow! White Puff Twinkle Embossing Glitter and heat embossed .... this stuff is wonderful, can't say enough good about it! I then adhered all the parts of my Spooky Scene back together on the reverse to hold them in place then applied foam tape and added it to the card base.



Now to add some fun colour!  I stamped my North Pole Littles using Ranger Archival Ink in 'Coffee'.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Light Beige 074, Flesh Colour 071 and Pale Pink 028 to shade their faces with Light Pink 026 for their cheeks and some of the parcels and ornaments.  The deeper red is Carmine Red 022.  Points of creamy yellow are done with a Tombow Dual Brush marker 020.  Hair is done with either Tombow in shade 912 and the other in 969.  The green colour used is an Arteza Real Brush Pen in Mint Green A177.



Cheeks and other points were highlighted with the Uniball Signo gel pen and then die cut and added to the scene with more foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped on a strip of cardstock and similarly applied.  Pretty adorable right?

Thanks for stopping by to read, I hope to see you next time and if you don't want to miss anything do sign up for emails from this blog.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment