Thursday, September 20, 2018

Frosty Friends - Hello Bluebird

Hi!

Tis the season (for me) to be busily turning out those Christmas cards.  There are expectations now, that if you know me, then you receive a handmade card from me no matter how long the 'to' list may be.  No pressure right?  The key to success?  Start early!



Encouraged by a fellow Hello Bluebird Stamps Design Team member I have, for the first time in years decided to dust off my Copics and given my watercolour paints a day off!  I believe I'm a watercolour painter through and through but there's no harm in challenging oneself right?

This card features a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock that was ink blended to ombré affect with Distress Ink in Faded Jeans.  This panel was then stamped using the 'Sprinkles' background stamp in white ink.   I only used the white ink to subtly mark the pattern - my plan was to always use my Uniball Signo White gel pen to hand draw in the 'sprinkles' since I wanted the design to look charmingly 'un-done' and not too uniform and perfect.  This card panel was adhered to the base.  I took an A2 panel of white cardstock and die cut the Halloween Tree Die by Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This left a lot of surround and so I die cut the remainder of the panel with the Gallery Frame 3 Die with the base of the tree die eating into the frame at the bottom for a jigsaw puzzle affect.   Both tree and frame were adhered into the scene on foam tape.



My feature images are from Frosty Friends by Hello Bluebird.  I stamped them with Memento, Tuxedo Black and coloured them with Copic markers.  I frosted some points with Wink of Stella for some sweet shimmer.  I die cut the images and adhered them with 2 layers of foam tape to bring them forward.



I stamped my sentiment from 'Typed Christmas' with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder on a strip of cardstock and applied it with foam tape. 

I knew from the beginning of my design that I'd want birdies in my trees and I settled on two.  The larger bird is from 'Quiet Christmas' and the smaller from 'Little Holiday Extras' both by Hello Bluebird.  These were created the same way as the other characters and also applied with foam tape.



So there you have it, another Christmas card complete!  I certainly hope you are getting on top of your holiday cards!

See you next time,

Nicky x

1 comment: