Saturday, July 28, 2018

Frosty Friends Infinity Shaker - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I recently posted a card on Instagram that caused a bit of a stir and many were asking how it was made.  I promised a new infinity shaker card very soon and here it is, this time I've used Frosty Friends by Hello Bluebird Stamps



Now, I've never seen one of these made, I just came up with the idea by happy accident and for me it works well.  There are probably other methods but I reckon mine has to be the easiest!  The good news is that this is so simple many of you will kick yourselves that you didn't figure it out .... certainly a lot of face palming I reckon!!!!  Keep reading to discover my method.



For my card I cut an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.   I stamped and heat embossed the snowfall background created from the Sprinkles Background Stamp.  I then ink blended using Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, fading it away to nothing at the bottom.  I then took a stamp storage pocket  and slid the 5 1/2 inch length of my background panel into the 5 1/2 width of the storage pocket.  Now, you want and need for this to be a very snug fit but obviously you don't want the panel to bend.  Take your time and ease it in carefully all the way to the bottom of the pocket.  If it is not very snug you will lose some shaker contents around the back of the panel.



I then flex the storage pocket open, slightly bending the panel so that I can accurately pour in my shaker contents.  I keep adding and checking my quantities until I have the right look I'm going for and the right quantity.  You can use anything you like including micro beads seed beads, sequins and other shaker fillers.  I'm always very careful to only get the shaker contents on top of the decorative panel and not behind.   Once I'm happy I then lay the unit flat on the my craft table and firmly wrap the other 50% of the storage pocket around the back of the panel ... doubling it back on itself and I stick it down with generous amounts of my Scotch Tape Runner tape.  I then adhere the pocket to my A2 card base.  I recommend 110lb cardstock because the base has to support some weight.



To finish my card I stamped out my images from Frosty Friends onto Bristol Smooth cardstock.   I die cut and then watercolour painted them all using my Kuretake Zigs and then highlighted some points with my Uni-ball Signo White gel pen.  I simply adhered them to the plastic pocket front using more tape, creating the scene I had in my mind!

So that my friends is how I make my infinity shaker cards.  They are quick and easy and sure to please the lucky recipient.  I welcome your questions and comments and I would love to see your projects on Instagram so be sure to tag me so I can see what you made!

Until the next time then ......

Nicky x

6 comments:

  1. So sweet!!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial! Looking forward to trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is lovely to hear, best of luck for your first try!

      Delete
  2. Nice tutorial and what a clever idea of using pocket! I need to try this. Thanks for sharing, Nicky! :)♡

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marge - yes DO try this technique for some really fun cards! You and I get so much in the way of seed beads and sequins from PPP - we need to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing! I saw your original post and hadn't yet gotten around to reading your blog for the scoop on how you made it....thank you, will definitely try this out...with credit to you of course! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find it useful and enjoy making your own - let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to try and help! By the way love your name Pink Peppermint Cards - adorable!

      Delete