Monday, May 21, 2018

Sea Friends

Starting today there's a sale happening on Sea Friends by Pretty Pink Posh for 3 days only or until supplies last. 25% off stamps and coordinating die set.  If you don't have this stamp set then perhaps this card will inspire you to purchase it at a sweet price.  If you DO already have it, perhaps this will inspire you to look at it in a new way!



Using Distress Oxide inks in 3 shades I ink blended a soft background which I distressed with water splashes that were blotted up after about 30 seconds.  To this panel I added a die cut frame from Pretty Pink Posh which I cut from grey cardstock.  This was attached with Scotch Dimensional Foam Tape.  I love how the grey somehow makes the colourful background pop without taking away from it.



Through the lower opening I stamped the sentiment which is from Birthday Friends by Pretty Pink Posh.  On Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped my images, die cut them and then watercolour painted them with my Kuretake Zigs.  I applied them to the scene with more foam tape.  I can't resist a pompom party hat and so I borrowed these hats from Birthday Friends also.



The final touch was the addition of some of Pretty Pink Posh's amazing new jewel line of embellishments, here they give the feeling of glistening bubbles rising up to the surface.  Entire panel was adhered to the card base and there you have it!


Thanks for stopping by the blog and hope to see you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment