Thursday, April 19, 2018

Party Animals Shaker Card

Hi everybody, thank you for stopping by today to read about my latest card featuring Party Animals by Mama Elephant, one of my all time favourite stamp sets.  This time I've created a fun filled shaker card.



The card started with an ink blended background where one colour seamlessly blends into the next.  It was then distressed with splatters of white acrylic paint that I loosened up with just a little water so that it splattered more easily.



I used my Misti stamping tool to stamp the sentiment several times over so that I got a really strong black image.  (The card is stamped Happy Birthday on the inside).  I applied the blended panel to the card base and turned my attention towards making the shaker portion of the card.  I die cut the frames from coloured cardstock and lined the back with acetate, foam tape was applied around the outside.  I used my powder tool to make the sides of the foam tape non-stick.  I filled the shaker window with a mix of chunky glitter and lilac coloured hearts and then sealed the back of the shaker window with a second piece of acetate to seal it all in tightly.  This shaker panel was then adhered to the base.



The last step was to stamp all the images of the Party Animals onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth using Ranger Archival Ink.   They were than watercolour painted and die cut and adhered to the card front with Scotch foam tape and I did a little highlighting using my Uniball Signo white.



In this last photo you can clearly see the shaker contents.  I recommend chunky glitter or micro beads being used as part of your mix when creating a shaker because the contents don't get wedged and they freely move around and I think it sounds better when shaken.  This card feels very substantial and heavy and I love to bring that sort of quality to my cards.

I do thank you for reading here today!  See you next time!

Nicky x

2 comments: